Ensure Compliance and be assured of Asset Integrity
Dangerous Substances and explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR) is a set of UK regulations which is concerned with protection against risks from fire, explosion and similar events arising from dangerous substances used or present in the workplace.
Summary of main duties on employers:
- Prepare an Explosion Protection Document (EPD)
- Classify the workplace into Hazardous Zones where applicable
- Select ATEX 100a products according to Zone
- Identify or tag, (using warning signs), locations where explosive atmospheres may occur
The EPD will include all details relevant to the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR), referencing documentary evidence of compliance where the site complies and providing suggested solutions to any identified any non-compliances for consideration.
Our technical teams offer support with each of the DSEAR compliance steps, including:
- Initial Risk Assessment,
- Hazardous Area Classification,
- Electrical Hazardous Area Equipment Inspections,
- Non-Electrical Risk Assessments,
- Ongoing Compliance,
- Non-Conformance Support,
EPM specialise in Asset Integrity and Compliance, it’s what we do 🙂
If you would like more information on how we can help with DSEAR Compliance and Asset Integrity or indeed the full range of services available from EPM then please contact us.